[SSI] support for UML

Kitrick Sheets kbs@kbs-software.com
Tue, 07 Aug 2001 19:44:03 -0500

--=====================_259603015==_.ALT

The documentation for SSI 0.5.0 indicates:
An ultra low-end configuration that we're looking at for development
purposes is a virtual cluster on a single machine using User-Mode Linux
(UML): http://user-mode-linux.sourceforge.net/index.html

UML would remove the special hardware requirements otherwise imposed by SSI
clustering.

I agree that UML would make life much easier for development and test. Can
you provide more
information on the status and/or plans for CI/SSI on UML?

Thanks,

Kitrick

--=====================_259603015==_.ALT

The documentation for SSI 0.5.0 indicates:<br>

<dl>
<dd>An ultra low-end configuration that we're looking at for development
purposes is a virtual cluster on a single machine using User-Mode Linux
(UML):

<dd>UML would remove the special hardware requirements otherwise imposed by SSI clustering. <br>

</dl>I agree that UML would make life much easier for development and test. Can you provide more <br>
information on the status and/or plans for CI/SSI on UML?<br>
Thanks,<br>
Kitrick<br>